Venue: Royal Society of Medicine, London
This meeting will develop skills in the management of the older worker, including co-morbidities, driving, mental health issues and potential increased health risks.
To introduce the day, Tabitha Jay, Director of the DWP/DHSC Work and Health Unit will give a UK Government perspective. Other speakers include:
- Professor Ewan Macdonald of Glasgow University
- Patrick Thomson, of the Centre for Better Ageing
- Dr Karla Greenberg, on mental health in older age
- Dr Jeannette Lynch of DVLA on practical issues relating to driving
Highlights include two international experts:
-Baroness Greengross, delivering the SOM annual Apothecaries Lecture and
- Professor Hans Martin Hasselhorn of the University of Wuppertal, Germany
By the end of the day, delegates will have developed their knowledge of:
- How occupational health practitioners can manage older people at work better, including improved clinical knowledge of issues such as frailty, cognitive function and co-morbidities
- The current UK policy position towards older people at work
SOM members can book at reduced rates: Consultant/GP - £84 (standard rate £140); AHP/Nurse - £78 (standard rate £130); Trainee - £42 (standard rate £70). To receive the SOM promotional code please email Ann.Caluori@som.org.uk
For more information about the event and to book your place, please click here.