"Sky Occupational Health are responsible for the delivery of a clinical service and provision of expert medical advice and guidance and support to our 26,000 employees, managers and leaders in the UK and Ireland. Based in Osterley and Livingston, we work closely with all areas of the business including Sky News and Sky Sports to deliver a clinical occupational health service tailored to match the diverse needs of the people at Sky." - Sue, Head of Occupational Health at Sky.
Sky Occupational Health are looking for an Occupational Health Physician to join their team.
This role will join the Sky Occupational Health team and you will be based at the main Sky site in Osterley. You will be part of the team and will work with their outsourced partners to deliver the service. Key focus of the role is the delivery of the clinical service and the provision of specialist medical advice.
- Deliver clinical appointments following management referrals and providing advice on workplace adjustments, and sickness absence.
- Deliver medical assessments in relation to engineers and other role specific medical assessments, and input to health surveillance programmes.
- Provision of medical advice to your clinical colleagues.
- Provision of medical advice to all business areas.
- Further develop clinical audit processes.
- Build excellent stakeholder relationships, and work closely with other specialist teams.
- Participate in project and programmes of work to enhance out service and in relation to other health related activities at Sky.
- GMC registration as a medical practitioner.
- A qualification in Occupational Medicine (MFOM, AFOM).
- The ability to take full responsibility for the independent management of patients and to deliver complex case management.
- Knowledge of the specific legislation required to deliver the role.
- Some experience of delivering occupational health clinics.
- Some experience of team working.
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT literacy in common software packages.
- Evidence of ongoing CPD to support GMC revalidation.
For a full job description, please click here.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Job reference: REQ000061
Location: Headquarters, Kempston, Bedford
Salary: £43,857 per annum rising to £47,823 per annum
Package: 37 Hours Per Week, Flexitime Scheme, Local Government Pension Scheme, 24 Days Annual Leave Plus Public Holidays
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service are looking for a manager for their valued Occupational Health (OH) department. To promote, develop, co-ordinate and manage all aspects of health, fitness and wellbeing for the Service in order to promote the health of all employees.
In the role of Occupational Health and Fitness Manager, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of an efficient, high quality OH advisory service for Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service. In this role, you will ensure the provision of professional advice to the Service on all OH, fitness and wellbeing and compliance with statutory duties in relation to health, fitness and wellbeing. This critical role ensures the provision of medical opinion and medical and fitness assessment of all potential and serving employees. Working in accordance with National and local standards and agreements in order to safely and effectively promote a healthier workforce. This includes regular health surveillance and fitness assessment programmes for all operational employees. The role also manages the maintenance of fitness facilities on station and the provision of health and lifestyle promotional information to all employees.
You must have significant post qualification experience in an Occupational Health or physical fitness role, including some managerial/supervisory experience. You will also have in-depth experience of developing and implementing OH, fitness and wellbeing policies and procedures. You will be a registered Nurse on Nursing and Midwifery Council Register and hold a Diploma/Degree in Occupational Health. Alternatively, you will have successfully completed a Degree in Physical Education and/or Sports Science.
For the full description, please click here.
To apply, please click here.
Application closing date: 8th October 2020
Selection process: week commencing 9th November 2020
Salary up to £45K plus bonuses, dependent on experience.
Package includes a company car and private medical insurance
Full-time, permanent role based at Head Office in Alfreton, Derbyshire
Slimming World understand that looking after our mental health is essential for good overall health and wellbeing and to further strengthen and enhance their framework of support, they're looking to recruit an experienced mental health professional to provide expert-led, specialist advice and guidance to their managers and their self-employed Consultants and through them, to their members.
Reporting to the Director of Field Training and Development, you’ll work collaboratively with the Director team to deliver a dedicated support service. You’ll also be responsible for delivering engaging and tailored learning opportunities across their districts in the UK and Republic of Ireland as well as a support service to provide mental health advice and signposting to available resources. And crucially, you’ll keep well-informed of latest thinking, research and emerging trends to ensure they're adopting best practice into their training and support systems. As well as producing insightful management reporting through regular monitoring and evaluation – all with the aim of continuously developing their exceptional standards of care for their teams, their Consultants and their members.
The successful applicant will:
• have gained significant experience working within the mental health field (for example including knowledge of the latest research, developments and guidelines
• have a genuine interest in how we inspire and motivate people who seek support to make healthy lifestyle changes and lead happier and healthier lives
• be confident with analysing, interpreting and evaluating information to produce management reporting
• enjoy and have experience of delivering training and successfully coaching others
• have a strong focus on delivering an excellent quality service and a flexible and adaptable attitude to accommodate changing priorities
• be self-motivated and willing to go above and beyond to achieve excellence
You’ll also be educated to degree level (or equivalent) with a professional qualification in mental health, as well as have experience of applying specialisms including Compassion Focused Therapy, CBT and/or Motivational Interviewing. A member of an appropriate professional body is desirable.
As part of this role, there is a requirement to travel within the UK and Republic of Ireland for around two days a week, so you’ll need to have a full driving licence and be willing to work flexibly including evenings and weekends.
For a full job description, please click here.
Please apply via their website www.slimmingworld.co.uk/careers sending your CV and a covering letter stating your current salary, telling them about you, why you’re applying for this role and sharing three of your most recent professional achievements.
Seascale, West Cumbria
Sellafield Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced doctor to join their Occupational Health Department, which is one of the largest, most diverse and interesting OH departments in the country.
You will work with a motivated, friendly and expert team of colleagues, including doctors, nurses, dosimetry and specialists within the fields of HR, Health Physics and Occupational Hygiene.
The Occupational Health Doctor will be responsible for the delivery of high quality clinical occupational health and medical services supporting the nuclear industry on Sellafield Ltd key sites. Due to there being an on call element to the role you will be expected to reside in or take up residence in the local area.
For a full job description, and to apply for the role, please click here.