Berkshire, United Kingdom
A rare and extremely interesting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Occupational Health Physician to work on an exciting and important new contract within the nuclear industry.
Team Prevent is seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic professional who will work as an integral part of the Senior Management team in helping to shape and deliver a first class, innovative and progressive Occupational Health and Well Being Service for their client. The successful candidate will work with key stakeholders providing leadership and high level advice on risk management, policy, procedure, protocols and best practice and will become an active networker within the industry and across all relevant bodies, ensuring that experience and best practice is shared and applied.
Previous experience within the nuclear or relevant industry or a military background are likely to be beneficial but not essential. A great attitude, flexibility and willingness to learn and adapt are more important attributes.
Although there will be a requirement to work on the client site in Berkshire for one or two days a week and attend national meetings, remote and flexible hours/working is a possibility.
In line with the importance of this role, Team Prevent is offering an excellent salary and benefits package. Alternatively sessional rates can be considered if self employment is preferred.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Marilyn.firstname.lastname@example.org.
British Airways are recruiting a Consultant Occupational Physician to provide occupational health services to BA, including conduct of CAA regulatory medical examinations and casework for flight crew and IFCE; occupational health case management; specialist advice to OHAs and OHPNs; manage health initiatives; manage colleagues as required; to provide additional specialist advice to BA on areas of professional expertise; and to contribute to the strategy and development of wellbeing in BA.
• Complex case management of aviation and occupational health cases.
• Specialist occupational medicine advice and delivery.
• Clinical governance and professional standards for all BAHS health professionals.
• Rehabilitation services – policy, service delivery and metrics.
• Additional specialist accountabilities dependent on personal professional expertise and interests
Experience (On the job)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to influence effectively
• Good team player, able to work collaboratively with peers
• Project management skills
• Able to respond flexibly to meet the needs of a constantly changing business
• Ability to work collaboratively across professional and inter-departmental boundaries
• Work under pressure
• Understanding of business strategy and priorities
Qualifications (Essential or desirable)
• Full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) (essential).
• On the GMC Specialist Register in Occupational Medicine (essential).
• Completed Basic & Advanced courses in Aviation Medicine, King’s College London, Diploma in Aviation Medicine or equivalent (essential).
For a full job description, please click here.
To apply for the role, please click here.
Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
Salus is an Occupational Health provider within NHS Lanarkshire. It also includes Health & Safety & Return to work services. In addition to ensuring the highest quality Occupational Health Services for 11,000 NHS Lanarkshire employees, you will have a leading clinical role within Salus. Salus also have an innovative external commercial service that covers the realms of occupational health, welfare related disability assessments and vocational rehabilitation. These services attract income of over £12m annually and provide an interesting and challenging clinical arena within which to practice.
With nine commercial sites across Scotland and North West England, Salus is one of the most progressive and innovative providers of occupational health and work related health services in the UK. All sites hold SEQOHS and ISO9001 accreditation. Salus also currently holds RISQS accreditation.
Applicants must possess a minimum of MFOM (or equivalent), and have full registration and a license to practice with the GMC. For the substantive post the applicant must be eligible for inclusion in the GMC’s Specialist Register in Occupational Health or CESR (CP) at the time of interview or be within 6 months of eligibility.
Informal enquiries regarding this post will be welcomed by Mark Kennedy, General Manager on 01698 206320/07979794005 or Dr D Reetoo, Clinical Director on 01698 206348.
For any application queries, please contact Graeme Gilmour - Senior HR Assistant on 01698 377735 email@example.com
Interviews are scheduled for: 28th February 2020