FREE for SOM Members (please log in on the SOM website first).
This webinar will give attendees a greater understanding of:
- The issues and challenges faced by employees, line managers/HR and the organisation in managing work and cancer in a Covid-19 world
- What best practice support looks like
Topics covered will include:
- Most common challenges in managing work and cancer during the pandemic, including side effects of treatment
- Impact of delayed diagnosis and treatment - Why work matters and importance of effective line manager support
- Working with advanced/incurable cancer
- What does best practice support look like - Common mistakes made by employers
- Legal framework and reasonable adjustments
Maggie Newton is an Associate for Working With Cancer and joined the team in 2016. She was successfully treated for breast cancer in 2014 and thyroid cancer in 2017. She finds it extremely rewarding to be able to support those affected by cancer at work through drawing on her own experiences. Maggie started her management career at Crest Hotels before moving into communication focussed roles at Kraft Foods, Barclaycard and WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme).
This event is worth 1 CPD Hour. FREE for SOM Members (please log in on the SOM website). You will then be sent a link to register on the Adobe Connect Webinar platform.
|Event Fee||£ 25.00|