Medwyn Occupational Health, Occupational Health Advisor
Medwyn Occupational Health is a SEQOHS accredited practice who is looking to recruit an Occupational Health Advisor, working 30 hours a week.
Working as part of a friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team, the post holder will provide a high-quality occupational health service to Medwyn Occupational Health. Medwyn is actively involved in occupational health nurse training and offers mentoring opportunities. Knowledge and understanding of national occupational health strategies and guidelines is essential. Excellent interpersonal skills are vital, along with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
Knowledge skills and experience required:
- NMC Level 1 registration
- OH qualification – degree/diploma
- Continuous personal and professional development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to undertake vaccinations/immunisations/venepuncture
- Maintain legible and accurate health records in compliance with the Data Protection Act
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
Principle duties and areas of responsibility:
- Work health assessment screening
- Administration of workplace immunisations
- Provision of independent/impartial advice to Line Managers/HR regarding the management of sickness absence in accordance with Medwyn Occupational Health’s policies via management
- Undertake targeted Health Surveillance and provide supervision and mentorship of occupational health technicians when carrying out Health Surveillance screening programmes
- Undertake venepuncture/management of employees exposed to contamination incidents
- Conduct workplace assessments in conjunction with regulations, i.e., DSE, COSHH and PEE
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the working environment and any related changes in health and safety of employees.
- The role offers a mix of remote and on-site hours with the opportunity to work from home 2 to 3 days a week
- Private pension scheme
- Annual target/profit-related bonus
- Opportunities for mentoring as Medwyn is actively involved in occupational health nurse training.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to Dr Stewart Tomlinson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 2022-08-15 00:00:00