Ministry of Defence, Civilian Consultant in Occupational Medicine
Salary: £82,096 - £110,683 pro rata
Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC), Northern Ireland, Wales and West Midlands have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Consultant. We are looking for someone to provide consultant support within DPHC (NIWW) in order to ensure that DPHC (NIWW) is able to provide a safe, effective and continuously improving Occupational Health (OH) service within its area of responsibility. This is a part time role for 20 hours per week. Although the department is located at Venning Barracks, Donnington, TF2 8JT, the role can be carried out remotely using supplied MOD IT equipment.
Your main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing DPHC medical staff and the Chain of Command with specialist OH advice concerning medical aspects of a Service Person’s (SP) employability, deployability and ongoing employment.
- Undertaking Medical Boards on SP as determined by single service (sS) and Joint Medical Employment Policy, fulfilling the role of President or Board Member as necessary and as laid down in MOD and sS and Joint Medical Employment Policy, currently Army Policy.
- Recording all clinical activities on the extant electronic system, currently Defence Medical Information Capability Programme (DMICP).
- Providing employment advice and guidance to SP appearing before Medical Boards.
- Undertaking regular clinical and managerial audit both internally and externally, completion of audit cycles, then carrying the information through to the implementation of change and improvement.
- Assisting with development and teaching of healthcare personnel.
The successful applicant will be required to hold the following:
- Full GMC registration with licence to practise.
- CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training in Occupational Medicine).
- Membership/Fellowship of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine.
- Must be on the Specialist Register.
- Suitable previous and substantial military experience either within DPHC or Regional Occupational Health Team.
- Maintained clinical currency if retired.
- A high level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
- Current UK driving licence.
For the full job advertisement, please click here.
To apply, please click here.
Closing Date: 2021-05-19 00:00:00