Belfast, Northern Ireland
South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust, Head of Occupational Health and Staff Wellbeing (Band 8B)
South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust Northern Ireland are recruiting a Head of Occupational Health and Staff Wellbeing (Band 8B).
The Head of Occupational Health and Staff Wellbeing will provide both strategic and clinical leadership for the delivery of Occupational Health & Staff Wellbeing Services including the provision of fit testing in South Eastern HSC Trust. He/she will have a Trust wide focus and will be responsible for driving and leading service improvement, managing and coordinating the service and championing best practice in occupational health provision.
- The post holder will ensure exceptional Occupational Health Services are in place which are fit for purpose and respond to a changing landscape.
- They will work closely with other key stakeholders for the development of a strategy for both services that promotes and supports the health and well-being of HSC staff and protects patients and the public as appropriate.
- The post holder will be responsible for shaping service provision for the future.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years’ experience at senior Management Level* as a specialist Occupational Health Nurse
- 5 years’ experience at Middle Management level* as a specialist Occupational Health Registered Nurse
*Senior Management defined as Band 8A or equivalent or above
*Middle Management defined as Band 7 or equivalent or above
- Part 1(Branch-Adult) on Live NMC Register with 2 years post-registration experience excluding post basic courses.
- Registered as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Occupational Health) Part 3 on the live NMC Register.
A Post Graduate qualification in a health and wellbeing or management related subject.
Highly developed specialist knowledge of health services management including managing high level change, managing significant complex projects or taking a lead role in the implementation of a major task contributing to the delivery of key performance management targets and making significant organisation improvements acquired through a combination of in-depth experience and significant formal training, attendance at study days and extended self-study.
For the full job description please click here.
Closing Date: 2021-09-09 00:00:00