London (Buckingham Palace Road)
Transport for London, Occupational Health Nurse Advisor
Job ref: 044178
Location: London (Buckingham Palace Road)
Salary: £41,000 to £48,000 (based on experience and whether fully remote or hybrid)
Hours: Full time - (Hybrid or remote- Hybrid working within this role enables a balance of 50 per cent of time split between the office and home over a 4-week period. Hybrid working arrangements can evolve subject to business requirements)
Closing date: 27/11/2023, 11.59pm
This role is responsible for undertaking occupational health assessments of employees in order to provide evidence-based advice to the business on occupational health and safety issues and employees' fitness for work. This will be in accordance with relevant legislation, medical standards and guidance that is laid down by TfL policy and professional bodies (NMC).The role is delivered through demonstrating TfL behaviours in the context of TfL strategy. This means putting customers at the centre of everything TFL do, being accountable, getting the right things done effectively and efficiently and working with other people to do it directly, fairly and consistently. There is focus on delivering high quality, effective and efficient OH services.
- To conduct daily clinics/paper-based health assessments; reporting an outcome to managers ensuring departmental KPIs, SLAs and compliance with legislation, TfL medical standards, policies, procedures and NMC guidelines are met.
- To produce comprehensive, clinically-reasoned and evidence based occupational health reports to managers on fitness for work. Work with both managers and employees to develop individual return to work programmes (including restrictions and adjustments) with a focus on safe, sustainable and productive return to work.
- Triage of referrals and allocation of casework appropriate to the skills and experience of Occupational Health Physicians, Occupational Health Advisors or Clinical Nurses, to ensure appropriate levels of intervention.
- To provide advice to managers regarding impact of medication on fitness for work. Also advise/guide managers and employees on a range of occupational health issues where an individual assessment is not required. To undertake track medical examinations.
- To work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary OH team and key stakeholders (including managers, TUs, HR, legal and SHE advisors and safety reps), in the delivery of OH services.
- To be accountable for and lead the delivery of TfL’s health surveillance programmes in accordance with relevant statutory requirements and in collaboration with safety and operational groups. To analyse, evaluate and communicate trends and progress to stakeholders.
- To identify and implement strategies to promote health. Deploy specialist knowledge to customers in order to influence behaviour change by carrying out training and health promotion activities to support the Health and Wellbeing strategy.
- Lead quality assurance activities to achieve continuous service improvement, including contribution to the maintenance of SEQOHS accreditation and supporting the manager in the reporting of statistical analysis of the departmental functions.
-Varied Occupational Health nursing experience (desirable)
-Railway or other safety critical work, including examinations for certification purposes (desirable)
-Experience in health education and health promotion (desirable)
-Case management (desirable)
-Fitness to work assessments and comprehensive report writing (desirable)
-Substantial OH knowledge including current/relevant legislation (desirable)
For the full job advertisement and to apply for the role, please click here .
Closing Date: 2023-11-27 00:00:00