ExxonMobil, Medicine and Occupational Health UK Country Manager
They are more than just one of the largest energy companies in the world. ExxonMobil is a place where they believe people should think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential and help shape the future of energy. Diversity drives innovation and they are committed to providing inclusive workplaces where everyone can thrive, regardless of their background. The safety and wellbeing of their employees is at the heart of everything they do. ExxonMobil build skills and competencies through training and work experiences in a wide range of assignments. With a long history of industry leadership and cutting edge innovation, ExxonMobil are committed to providing affordable energy to support human progress while advancing effective solutions to address climate change.
Medicine and Occupational Health (MOH) provides occupational health services to all ExxonMobil sites in the UK and forms part of the broader global occupational health function in ExxonMobil. They are currently seeking a Medicine and Occupational Health UK Country Manager to join their team at Fawley Refinery and Chemical Plant. The largest refinery in the UK, Fawley is a combined refining, lubricants and chemicals manufacturing site which is located on the south coast of England, on the edge of the New Forest National Park (travel to other ExxonMobil sites will be required including Leatherhead, Fife and other locations). ExxonMobil offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
The key responsibilities are:
- Health and safety leadership across the organization
- Delivering day to day clinical services, including sickness absence assessments / advice, preplacement medical assessments, fitness for duty assessments, health surveillance, travel health advice and preparation and Medical Review Officer activities in support of the alcohol & drug testing programme
- Interfacing with key stakeholders in the business to deliver best practice occupational health services
- Supervising MOH staff (nursing, administrative and contract clinicians) Recruiting, training and developing MOH staff
- Identifying and implementing process improvements within the department
- Managing the UK MOH function within agreed budget
- Building working relationships with both the business lines and colleagues in the global MOH function and more broadly in ExxonMobil
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold UK GMC registration and an unrestricted license to practice as a physician
- Possess an AFOM (Associate of Faculty of Occupational Medicine) qualification (or equivalent) or higher
- Have occupational medicine experience
- Be able to demonstrate leadership experience
- Have prior experience managing teams
- Have strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
Prior Oil & Gas experience is highly desirable.
For the full job advertisement, please click here.
To apply, please click here.
Closing Date: 2022-05-27 00:00:00