Become a SOM Student member
We aim to support your future career in occupational health.
SOM is your career partner to support you every step of the way. By becoming a SOM Student member, you will join a community of occupational health professionals. It will be your professional knowledge and understanding that will help your career and SOM Student membership will raise your professional credibility.
As a Student member you will get instant access to a range of resources and benefits that are essential to study success, including:
- SOM student e-News – keep on top of industry updates and trends with our update of the latest news, jobs, and information in occupational health (OH)
- Get exclusive access to the SOM’s member website with its expert research, surveys, and policy reports
- Free online access to the Occupational Medicine journal website including a wide range of articles and e-leaning, access to the Occupational Medicine by Industry website and our Occupational Medicine podcasts
- Save yourself money through preferential rates on SOM activities and 20% off Oxford University Press books
- SOM regional groups – connect with other like-minded professionals, widen your network and learn from other OH professionals through events across the UK
- The membership area of this website, in particular our Learning and Research section
Also, join our social community and interact with other SOM members and students at @SOMNews on Twitter to stay up to date with news, events, job opportunities and resources, SOM on LinkedIn and SOM on Facebook.
We may be able to facilitate work placements or work shadowing - please contact us for more information.