University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust - Consultant in Occupational Health
Employer: University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
Salary: £76,761-£103,490 per annum plus £17,500 (Pro-Rata), Number of PAs negotiable
Closing Date: 30/11/2019
Job Reference: 387-TS-4127-MP
Avon Partnership NHS Occupational Health Service (APOHS) has a rare opportunity for a consultant to join and make a significant contribution to the further development of an already successful NHS Occupational Health team.
What is so different about this role? We understand that many OH physicians wish to pursue private sector portfolios of work, which is why we have created a role specifically with this mind. We are offering the right person:
- Up to 50% of your time to pursue private interests such as Private Clinical Practice, Clinical Research opportunities, Work/life balance, time for Travel or overseas work.
- For the other part, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, where no two days are the same – the service supports a myriad of, large and small, commercial and public sector organisations locally and regionally, on the basis of a trusted Occupational Health Partner, so you will get to work on some varied and challenging cases.
In order to be considered for this post, you will need:
- Full and specialist registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) or within 6 months of CCT at the time of interview.
Reporting to the APOHS Clinical Lead, the key expectations of the successful candidate include:
- Advice to managers on staff members’ present and future fitness for work.
- Provision of medical advice to members of staff.
- Provision of occupational medical support to the occupational health nurses and other staff within APOHS and customer organisations.
- Active participation in the development of strategy and policy, both within APOHS and in association with our Partners and customers.
- Active participation in the APOHS audit, training and development.
To apply for the role please visit http://jobs.uhbristol.nhs.uk/ quoting reference 387-TS-4127-MP
For a full job description, please click here.
Closing Date: 2019-11-30 00:00:00