14 November 2022Webinar
A FOM approved course in preparation for the FOM Diploma in Occupational Medicine (DOccMed).
The course covers:
- The Diploma Examination
- How to write the Diploma Portfolio (workplace risk assessment and clinical case)
- Occupational health: principles, concepts, and services
- Effects of work on health
- Legal aspects in occupational health
- Principles of occupational hygiene, toxicology, ergonomics, epidemiology and their applications
- Assessment of fitness to work
- Rehabilitation, redeployment, and ill health retirement
- Assessing workplace risks
- Health surveillance
- Risk control and management
- The physical working environment (noise, vibration, radiation, temperature)
- Absence management
- Investigation of clinical cases
- Conducting workplace visits and ranking of risks
- Tendering for occupational health services
Course Leaders: Dr L Ogunyemi, Dr A Bray and Dr S Sadhra
Course Dates: 14th – 18th November 2022 and 5th – 9th December 2022 (Virtual – Online)
To view further information and to register your interest, please click here.
21 November 2022Webinar
FREE for SOM Members (please log in on the SOM website first).
Speaker: Keith Young – Health Partners UK
Chair: Mike Goldsmith - Medigold Health
The session will cover:
- What a company needs to consider for its OH procurement needs - scoping
- Clarity on company/ OH company roles and responsibilities – building the procurement documentation
- Good content for a procurement document e.g. standards; quality
- Good procurement processes e.g. timelines/platforms/ keeping it simple and not over complicated
- Benefits of an effective procurement process
- Once the contract has been awarded the value of positive relationships – trust, commitment, interdependence, cooperation, communication, joint problem solving etc
- Performance measurement and evaluation
- Views on innovation in procurement processes
Bio: Keith Young has worked in the Occupational Health Market for nearly 15 years as a Business Development Director for a number of national OH providers. He has experience of working closely with multiple organisations (in the Public and Private sectors) in helping them maximise the value they can receive from their OH provider. Previous to this, Keith has held a number of senior management roles working in the UK, Ireland, South Africa and in Europe.
Outside of work Keith has led a number of expeditions into Africa and has trekked extensively throughout Botswana (with the San Bushmen), South Africa, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe. He has also participated in expeditions in Antarctica where he was part of the ‘Beyond Endurance Expedition’ retracing Shackleton’s footsteps in his escape from Antarctica in 1916.
FREE for SOM Members (please log in on the SOM website). You will then be sent the join link.
25 November 2022Webinar
Hybrid event. In person attendance: 20 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0RN
We are pleased to announce the popular RCN and SOM joint Occupational Health Nursing Conference returns for the fifth year.
This hybrid conference will cover a broad range of topics designed to support and inspire Occupational Health Nurses across a variety of different settings and circumstances to become agents of change.
This event aims to:
- Highlight the latest developments in occupational health research, practice and policy
- Provide a refresh for OHN practitioners on key challenges and issues supporting working age population health including supporting health and wellbeing, assessment of mental health and managing menopause issues in the workplace
- Provide opportunity for reflection on professional practice, personal and professional leadership.
What is a hybrid event?
At a hybrid event attendees can choose whether to attend in person at RCN HQ or online-only, via RCN's world leading virtual conference platform, Hopin. Please note there are limited places available for those who wish to attend in person. All delegates will have access to the online platform.
RCN or SOM Member Rate - online £80 + VAT, in person £125 + VAT
Non-Member Rate - online £120 + VAT, in person £185 + VAT
Find out more, view the programme and register here.
31 December 2022Webinar
Dates available throughout 2022:
Workplace drug and alcohol issues are becoming an increasing demand on Occupational Health Teams.
Within health and safety it is best practice for every company to have a Drug and Alcohol Policy however they vary considerably between industry and organisations. Procedures associated with the policy need to be practical and balanced in approach, enabling implementation and compliance.
Delegates will see from the programme that Helen Vangikar has developed four courses to equip Occupational Health Teams with knowledge to confidently tackle issues raised, ranging from policy content, is testing appropriate?, collections and report interpretation and quality standards.
These courses are suitable for healthcare professionals and allied professionals such as health & safety and human resources.
CPD Attendance Certificates will be issued to delegates.
MRO1 and MRO2 have CPD accreditation from the Faculty of Occupational Medicine.
Venues and dates available throughout 2022:
Zoom UAE BST-3hrs
Zoom UAE BST-3hrs
To view further course details please click here.